Since 1985, Deck Flex has provided customers with quality U.S. manufactured waterproofing systems and professional coating products. Our products are engineered to be high-quality with an emphasis on simplicity of application, maintenance, quality, and lasting protection.
How To Apply Deck Flex’s Elastomeric Roof Coating
How to Apply Deck Flex T2424 Elastomeric White Reflective Roof Coating
Deck Flex’s Elastomeric Roof Coating is easy-to-apply and will protect and beauty your roof surfaces. In this guide we cover surface preparation, application and maintenance basics. In addition to the step-by-step guide below, we published a short ~3min video on YouTube that goes a little deeper beyond the basics.
Tools & Equipment
- Pressure Washer
- Industrial Paint Brush or Roller (roller recommended for larger surfaces)
- Fiberglass or Fiberglass Mesh (optional but recommended)
- Elastomeric Roof Coating
Surface Preparation, Application & Coverage in 6 Easy Steps
- Step 1: Pressure Wash, Sweep and Remove All Surface Contaminates
To maximize adhesion and coverage, the surface should be clean and free of any debris.
- Step 2: Allow Surface to Dry (1-4 hours depending on weather)
Allow the recently cleaned surface to dry completely before applying your first coat.
- Step 3: Repair Cracks or Other Damaged Areas
Identify and repair any seams or cracks. Use fiberglass or a fiber mesh mat.
- Step 4: Apply Initial Coat Roof Coating (100 to 200 sq. ft. per gallon)
Use a professional roll (or brush for smaller jobs) to apply a generous coat onto your surface.
- Step 5: Allow Surface to Dry (24-48 hours depending on weather)
Weather permitting, you should allow your first coat to dry for at least 24 hours.
- Step 6: Recoat Roof Surface
Learn more about what elastomeric coatings are and how they work.